- How Google and OpenAI prompted GPT-4 to deliver more timely answerson November 29, 2023 at 6:43 pm
FreshLLM is a new method for prompting large language models that includes search engine results. Here's how it works.
- This $150 GPS sports watch is almost too easy to recommend, even if it's not for meon November 29, 2023 at 5:41 pm
The Amazfit Active is perfect for those looking for an affordable smartwatch with a battery life that lasts up to two weeks.
- AWS unveils an AI chatbot for enterprises - here's how to try it out for freeon November 29, 2023 at 12:38 pm
The bot can automate tasks in AWS, but the expectation is that it will be integrated with customer data to make its output specific to every enterprises's tasks.
- Generative AI can easily be made malicious despite guardrails, say scholarson November 29, 2023 at 9:41 am
Researchers found an easy way to retrain publicly available neural nets so they would answer in-depth questions, such as how to cheat on an exam, find pornography, or even kill their neighbor.
- AWS unveils new Trainium AI chip and Graviton 4, extends Nvidia partnershipon November 28, 2023 at 6:30 pm
The second-generation Trainium chip is meant for neural network models with more than a trillion parameters.
- Log in or lose it: Google will start deleting your unused personal accounts soonon November 28, 2023 at 3:49 pm
Any account that hasn't been signed into for at least two years could have its content removed from Gmail, Docs, Drive, Calendar, YouTube, and Photos. Here's what to know and do.
- How generative AI will deliver significant benefits to the service industryon November 27, 2023 at 9:23 pm
The promise of automation, customization of products and services, accelerated innovation, and commitment to employee skills development points to a future where generative AI orchestrates a sustainable and innovative path forward for service trades.
- The 3 biggest risks from generative AI - and how to deal with themon November 27, 2023 at 8:12 pm
More businesses are looking to explore generative AI, but they'll need to ensure they manage the risks sooner rather than later.
- The Oura smart ring's brilliant new features outshine even its titanium finishon November 27, 2023 at 8:12 pm
Lovely and comfortable, the Oura Ring Gen3 Horizon works with your smartphone to provide a distraction-free way of improving your health and wellness.
- My all-time favorite Garmin sports watch is $200 off on Cyber Mondayon November 27, 2023 at 5:42 pm
The Garmin Enduro 2 remains one of the best for outdoor adventurists, and during Cyber Monday, you can get one for $200 off.
- Algorithms soon will run your life - and ruin it, if trained incorrectlyon November 27, 2023 at 5:40 pm
AI systems that use data trained with descriptive labeling can yield much harsher decisions than humans make. It's not too late to fix the problem.
- Forget all other Fitbit models: The $99 Charge 6 is the Black Friday deal you won't regreton November 25, 2023 at 2:32 am
Fitbit continues to perfect its trackers, and its latest Charge 6 model adds some key features that blur the lines with smartwatches. During Black Friday, you can snag one for just $99.
- Kindle Scribe update adds handwriting search, and it's surprisingly effectiveon November 23, 2023 at 8:59 pm
Amazon continues to release regular updates for the Kindle Scribe, making it an increasingly functional tool one year after its release.
- 64% of workers have passed off generative AI work as their ownon November 22, 2023 at 5:51 pm
Generative AI technologies are being used in the workplace without training, guidance, or approval by businesses.
- Anthropic says its updated ChatGPT rival has more skills, tells fewer lieson November 22, 2023 at 5:29 pm
Version 2.1 of Claude promises fewer hallucinations and double the amount of information it can digest in a request.